19 Sep Embassy to Conduct Active Shooter Training for CALA
Josef Levy, Co-Owner of Embassy Consulting Services, LLC will be conducting an active shooter training on October third for the California Assisted Living Association (CALA) in collaboration with Senior Community Learning. The webinar, entitled “Shots Fired! Risk Analysis & Response to an Active Shooter Incident” promises to be an informative and action oriented active shooter training.
Because active shooter incidents are becoming all too frequent and familiar in our society, and no one is completely immune, it’s important to be able to recognize and respond appropriately to potential threats. Join a retired police commander with experience training senior living providers to explore effective strategies to prevent, assess, and mitigate threats. Learn about the Run-Hide-Fight protocols for mitigating violence in the workplace and find out how to best identify escape routes, safe places to hide, and other important protocols designed to lessen risk to residents, visitors, and staff.
- Explore the dynamics of an Active Shooter and Code Silver
- Learn how to determine the best escape routes and safe hiding places during an incident
- Recognize threat indicators and potential perpetrators of active shootings
- Learn about the Run-Hide-Fight protocols for mitigating violence in the workplace
- Explore and discuss effective strategies to prevent, assess and mitigate threats
This 1-hour webinar is co-sponsored by CALA and Senior Community Learning and is available to CALA members only.