Media and Communications in a Digital Age
This virtual training will be facilitated by Mountain View Police Chief Chris Hsiung and Katie Nelson, Social Media & Public Relations Coordinator for the Mountain View Police Department. This training is ideally suited for Command staff and Public Information Officers (PIO’s) to learn how to best institute and foster an organizational culture geared towards success in the digital world.
– The current state of digital media and how that relates to your efforts in informing and connecting with your community.
– Strategy points for crisis communications and effective storytelling during critical incidents.
– Leadership voices and how your viewpoint helps enhance the ways in which the community understands policing in the 21st century.
– Platform fluency and understanding how each site speaks for your agency and connects you with community members.
Chief Chris Hsiung, Mountain View Police Department
Chris serves as Police Chief of the Mountain View Police Department, located in Silicon Valley, California. He is an internationally recognized speaker and author on the topics of digital engagement strategy, crisis communications management, and adaptive policing leadership culture.
Over his 26-year career, Chris has held a variety of investigative, SWAT/tactical, and leadership roles, serving in every division in the organization. He is a graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School of Government Senior Executives in State and Local Government program and has a master’s degree in eBusiness Management from Notre Dame de Namur in Belmont, CA.
Katie Nelson, Social Media & Public Relations Coordinator, Mountain View Police Department
Katie has been the Social Media and Public Relations Coordinator at the Mountain View Police Department since 2015. In her role, she manages the department’s social media accounts and outreach campaigns, focusing primarily on the department’s engagement efforts as well as serving as the agency’s public information officer. She presents across the country on social media best practices and crisis communication strategies.
– Registered attendees will receive an email with the Zoom link and training access information a week before the training.
Embassy Consulting Services LLC is owned and operated by Josef Levy, Commander (Retired) Long Beach Police Department and Lysa Gamboa-Levy. Embassy training seminars are not open to the general public. Embassy reserves the right to restrict or deny enrollment or access to any individual.
*No refunds, however, substitutions will be permitted