The Inspiring True Story of How One Woman Saved an Atlanta School Under Siege.
Antoinette Tuff’s courage and faith prevented tragedy in a school under siege. 870 children waited in fear as their elementary school rushed into lockdown mode. As the nation faced yet another Sandy Hook story of tragedy, one woman rewrote the ending.
Yet the story doesn’t start with those first steps Michael Hill took into that Atlanta elementary school. It starts with Antoinette Tuff, a woman who faced her own pain, hurt, and rejection, yet held onto grace, faith, and hope. A hope that anchored her in the most high-stakes moments, a grace that allowed her to empathize with a hurting young man, and a faith that gave her the courage to love him back from the brink.
Long Beach Chief of Police
Long Beach Unified Superintendent
Director of Safety & Personnel Services, Los Alamitos Unified School District
Los Angeles School Police Chief
Topics and Themes
- Building a Safe School Climate
- Assessing and Managing Students of Concern
- Responding to an Active Shooter Incident
- Debrief of the Santa Barbara Isla Vista Shooting
- Expert Panel Discussion
- How to Prevent the Next School Shooting
- Conducting Effective Threat Assessments